The omicron variant continues to soar across the country, spreading far and wide. The continued spread has led to more COVID-19 symptoms emerging for infected patients.
The news: The ZOE Covid Study continues to update its list of COVID-19 symptoms, especially among those who are infected by the omicron symptom.
- The second most common symptom is one that’s easy to miss — headaches.
- “One early symptom many are reporting is so mild and commonplace, it can be easy to miss: headaches,” Nexstar reports,
Flashback: Indeed, Business Insider recently used data from the Zoe COVID Symptom Study to create a chart that identified the top 14 COVID-19 symptoms from the omicron variant.
- 68% of people said they experienced a headache, second only to a runny nose, which sat at 73%.
- Other top omicron variant symptoms included fatigue, sneezing, sore throat and a hoarse voice, among several others, as I reported for the Deseret News.
How to stop COVID symptoms: Dr. Robert Quigley, the senior vice president and global medical director for International SOS, a leading medical and security services company, told me that omicron variant symptoms “may be difficult or impossible to stop” — especially symptoms like headaches.
- “For those who may experience headaches, a sore throat or a fever you can hydrate and take headache and over-the-counter cold medications to help reduce the symptoms,” he said.